Enigmail, Gnupg, and Signature Problem

Alan Swartz kde at swartzes.com
Thu Jul 28 13:42:36 UTC 2005

I am having a problem with reading gnupg signatures. I am not sure of
what the problem actually is. Let me try to describe it.

I am using gpg/mime to sign outgoing emails. If I check my message in
the Sent mail folder the signature is fine. If I check an email in my
inbox (sending the email to myself) the signature is invalid.

The enigmail console shows the following error...
enigmail.js: Enigmail.decryptMessageEnd: Error in command execution

As I check the signatures of the emails you send, some are valid, but
most are invalid. It seems to have nothing to do with the sending email
client. I get invalid signatures from users of Evolution, Thunderbird,
and Kmail. I have tried using Kmail myself and get the same errors.

I am using...
mozilla-thunderbird_1.0.2-1_i386.deb
enigmail-0.92.0-tb-linux.xpi
gnupg_1.2.5-3_i386.deb

At first I thought it might have something to do with enigmail (there
seem to be a number of google hits on this possibility) but after
repeating the problem in Kmail I am beginning to wonder if it is a gnupg
problem.

Is anybody else seeing this? Have I missed something obvious?

Thanks,
Alan