FreeNX - suspend & resume problem

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 04:04:04 UTC 2005

On 7/14/05, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:

> Nope. Doesn't improve the situation at all. I've tried all combinations
> of ENABLE_AUTORECONNECT and ENABLE_AUTORECONNECT_BEFORE_140 but still
> only a quick flicker from the client.
>
> ii  freenx         0.3.1-2~5.04ub The FreeNX application/thin-client server ba
>
> The client is version 1.4.0-92.

Bummer. That's just weird. I'd think that two up-to-date Hoary systems
would be nearly identical (for the server side). Are you connecting to
the server from a Windows machine or another Ubuntu machine? Maybe
that's the difference. (I'm using the Windows client from NoMachine).
So far, *crosses fingers* I'm still able to disconnect and reconnect
to my original session after about two days of testing now.

Now I just need to figure out  how to connect to that session through
my firewall from the outside world. Any ideas?

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu