FreeNX - suspend & resume problem

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Jul 14 19:34:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 08:15:37AM -0400, Ben Novack wrote:
>On 7/13/05, Ben Novack <bennovack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm running FreeNX on the server, and the NoMachine client for
>> Windows as well.
>>
>> However, I did just edit /etc/xserver/node.conf to uncomment
>> ENABLE_AUTORECONNECT and set it to 1. Once I get to work I can test
>> if that does the trick.
>>
>> (On a side note, I'm also seeing a problem with the NM OS X client
>> where it fails to 'create an authentication cookie' in X11; until I
>> get that fixed I don't know how well it works.)
>
>Magnus, try that edit - it just worked like a charm for me. If it
>doesn't work, I'll take another cruise through the config file and see
>if I changed anything else, but I'm pretty sure that's all I did.

Nope. Doesn't improve the situation at all. I've tried all combinations
of ENABLE_AUTORECONNECT and ENABLE_AUTORECONNECT_BEFORE_140 but still
only a quick flicker from the client.

ii  freenx         0.3.1-2~5.04ub The FreeNX application/thin-client server ba

The client is version 1.4.0-92.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Feistel and Coppersmith rule. Sixteen rounds and one hell of an
avalanche.
      -- Stephan Eisvogel in de.comp.security