burning data DVD with Graveman

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 14 16:44:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:28:28 +0100
Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 11:38 -0400, Michael R Head wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 21:15 +0100, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> > > Despite trying everything I can think of I cannot burn a file to a DVD
> > > using Graveman. It seems that there is a problem in linking with
> > > something called grawisofs. Please help.
> >
> > Do you have the growisofs package installed?
>
> It is there as /usr/bin/growisofs.
>
> >  What happens when you run it from the commandline?
> >
> > $ growisofs -Z /dev/dvd somefile-to-burn
>
> As it is not there as a package should this work?
>
> Norman

peter at prospero:~$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/growisofs
dvd+rw-tools: /usr/bin/growisofs

So it appears that growisofs is part of the "dvd+rw-tools" package (which was probably installed as a dependency when you installed a CD/DVD burning application)

>From "apt-cache show dvd+rw-tools " :

 This package includes a format utility for DVD+-RW media, a frontend
 to mkisofs for burning DVD+-RW/R and some associated tools.

Peter