Resize Partition??

wylfing ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Jul 14 03:15:45 UTC 2005

I am too dumb to understand LVM, so I'll provide the old school answer
(which was already provided, I'm just seconding it). Back up your
system, repartition things the way you like, then restore your system.
There's no other safe way to do this.

Provided you've got a handy backup solution, for example an external
hard drive, a nice way to proceed with this operation is to back up,
repartition, boot with a live CD, restore your backups (don't forget to
edit /etc/fstab if necessary!), and then reboot normally. At that point
you should be back to normal, but with resized disks.

--
wylfing