FreeNX - suspend & resume problem

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Jul 13 07:02:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 02:46:46AM -0400, volvoguy wrote:
>On 7/12/05, Ben Novack <bennovack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/12/05, volvoguy <volvoguy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Holy cow! Yep, it's as fast as I remember. If possible, it feels
>> > faster than working on the local machine!?! It offered me a 1600x1200
>> > desktop (which is what my windows machine is running) and I KNOW the
>> > card in my server can't support that. Weird.
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot for the tip!
>>
>> Really? I'm not offered 1600... odd.
>>
>> Yeah, it's p retty damn impressive; it pretty much eliminates the need
>> for KVMs for most situations. The only caveat is that session
>> suspension issue; until I get that worked out, I can't keep gaim,
>> downloads, etc going over several logins.
>>

>So back to the original issue. I simply closed my Windows client with
>the good ol' X in the upper-right corner and it asked me if I wanted to
>log out or suspend. I chose suspend and reopened the client (I had
>actually saved the session as a shortcut on my desktop) and it
>connected to the previous session.
>
>Are you guys that are having problems using an open-source freenx
>client or the one provided by nomachine?

I'm running FreeNX on the server and the NoMachine client on a Windows
box. I opted to use my own key (since it's more secure). Connecting
works just fine but re-connecting after a suspend results in a window
flickering and then nothing, just like explained in the original post.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.