FreeNX - suspend & resume problem

Ben Novack bennovack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:53:58 UTC 2005

On 7/13/05, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 02:46:46AM -0400, volvoguy wrote:

> >> Really? I'm not offered 1600... odd.
> >>
> >> Yeah, it's p retty damn impressive; it pretty much eliminates the need
> >> for KVMs for most situations. The only caveat is that session
> >> suspension issue; until I get that worked out, I can't keep gaim,
> >> downloads, etc going over several logins.
> >>

> >So back to the original issue. I simply closed my Windows client with
> >the good ol' X in the upper-right corner and it asked me if I wanted to
> >log out or suspend. I chose suspend and reopened the client (I had
> >actually saved the session as a shortcut on my desktop) and it
> >connected to the previous session.
> >
> >Are you guys that are having problems using an open-source freenx
> >client or the one provided by nomachine?
>
> I'm running FreeNX on the server and the NoMachine client on a Windows
> box. I opted to use my own key (since it's more secure). Connecting
> works just fine but re-connecting after a suspend results in a window
> flickering and then nothing, just like explained in the original post.
>
> /M

I'm running FreeNX on the server, and the NoMachine client for Windows as well.

However, I did just edit /etc/xserver/node.conf to uncomment
ENABLE_AUTORECONNECT and set it to 1. Once I get to work I can test if
that does the trick.

(On a side note, I'm also seeing a problem with the NM OS X client
where it fails to 'create an authentication cookie' in X11; until I
get that fixed I don't know how well it works.)