quasar install issues

Matchless ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Jul 2 08:29:31 UTC 2005

Brian,

First of all I also have problem with quasar and would like to
get it running. The problem you have is most probably caused by a
password already entered and existing, I think

export FIREBIRD=/usr/lib/firebird2

export PATH=$FIREBIRD/bin:$PATH

sudo gsec -user sysdba -password xxx GSEC> add nondba -pw yyy

GSEC> quit

The default password for Firebird is "masterkey" and the username is
"sysdba" your username for DBA use is nondba and the password is
whatever you replace yyy with (ie "peterpan") Once you have entered it
as above it cannot be entered again, but you can enter another DBS user
and password additionally.

I have found that the script file does not start the server, which can
be tested  with the command

telnet localhost 3599

You can start it directly by running /opt/quasar/bin/quasard and then
do the telnet test. Run client /opt/quasar/bin/quasar.

I am just a beginner and not an expert and hope that i am not
misleading you!

Matchless

--
Matchless