customizing the gnome menu

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Sat Jan 29 04:59:30 UTC 2005

On 20/01/05 Eamonn Sullivan said:

> Editing the Applications menu for yourself is easy. Just right-click
> when you have one of the submenus open (choose Entire Menu to add
> something). Editing for everyone on the system is a little trickier.

I just tried right-clicking on the games menu to add eboard. I used the "add
to menu" option, set it to eboard, selected the gnome-chess icon, clicked
"Ok", but when I checked the games menu the new item added was gnome-chess! It
didn't add the option I configured at all.

It's like picking the gnome-chess pixmap overrode the rest of my selections.
What was that about gnome being easy?

Mike

http://www.digitaltorque.ca
http://opag.ca      python -c 'import this'