Upgrading Thunderbird to 1.0 via Synaptic?

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Thu Jan 6 05:57:03 UTC 2005

Senectus <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this was mentioned before or not.. but there is a much
> easier way to do this.. use the backports project..
> add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://ubuntu-bp.sourceforge.net/ubuntu warty-backports main universe
>
> then update and upgrade though either apt-get or synaptic..

This was from a thread about upgrading Firefox to 1.0 using apt or
synaptic.  I used this and it worked perfectly.  I'd also like to
upgrade Thunderbird to 1.0 as well.  Does anyone know if Thunderbird has
been backported to Warty?  Or is there another easy way to get
Thunderbird 1.0 on my system?

Thanks,
Ed
--
Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?  -  Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)