Upgrading Thunderbird to 1.0 via Synaptic?

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Thu Jan 6 06:30:12 UTC 2005

Matt Philmon wrote:
>>From basically the same source, except it's in staging:
>
> deb http://ubuntu-bp.sourceforge.net/ubuntu warty-backports-staging main
> universe
>
> Matt

(I'm cc'ing the mailing list since others will probably want this
information.)

Many thanks Matt.  That worked.  I now have Thunderbird 1.0 running.

Download was normal but I had to confirm the installs.  Is that because
they came from staging and might not be ready for prime time?

Anyway, seems to work OK so far.

Ed
--
Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?  -  Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)