Mozilla Thunderbird

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun Jan 2 09:27:31 UTC 2005

Eamonn Sullivan wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 08:47:59 +0000, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:
>

>>The fact that Ximian Evolution is now called "Novell Evolution" and is
>>now being promoted as an integral part of the "Novell Linux Desktop"
>>which is far from GPL, would worry me if I were Ubuntu...
>>

>Novell Linux Desktop isn't GPL? That's news to me, and I'm not sure
>how that would be possible.

Well, this page...
http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/howtobuy.html
...does not look GPL at all to me... volume licences, $1000, etc. etc.

I can also find no GPL statement anywhere on the Evolution sites... if
somebody can supply a link I will agree that it is GPL, but Open Source
and GPL are not the same thing at all..

Sean