Latest Hoary liveCD and screen resolution

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 14:49:24 UTC 2005

I downloaded the latest Hoary LiveCD and gave it a whirl on an HP
Pavilion with an LCD (f50s). As with previous Live CDs I've tried on
this PC, the monitor isn't detected correctly and I end up booting
into a barely usable screen resolution. The latest Hoary is somewhat
of an improvement in that it boots into 800x600, which at least sort
of works. I can either view the top of the screen, or the bottom, but
not both...

Under Windows XP, the LCD runs at 1024x768 and in some live cds (I
think even the Warty-based Gnoppix one) I can specify the resolution
in the boot parameters. I didn't see that option in Hoary, at least in
the help section.

Is there a way that I missed?