Latest Hoary liveCD and screen resolution

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 15:04:29 UTC 2005

Further on this: The Hoary Array 4 live CD correctly identifies the
graphics chip set, the monitor and all of the supported resolutions,
but once Gnome starts I just get two choices in
Desktop/Administration/Screen Resolution

800x600 (bad)
640x480 (worse)

I guess I don't understand how Xorg configs work. Can I use
dpkg-reconfigure while running the live CD? What package do I
reconfigure?

-Eamonn

>From xorg.conf:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE
Chipset Integrated Graphics Device"
        Monitor         "F50S"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           1
                Modes           "1024x768" "832x624" "800x600"
"720x400" "640x480"
        EndSubSection