How to make a partition from a new disk turn up in comupter:// in gnome?

Kent Nyberg nyberg.kent at spray.se
Fri Feb 4 20:23:59 UTC 2005

Hello. My brother uses Ubuntu on his computer. He got a "new" ide-disk
from a friend. Its detected by the kernel etc. But it does not show up
in the Computer window in gnome :(  Is there some way to get it to show
up there? It has a working vfat-partition, can be mounted, has a line in
fstab.  I just dont understand the logic behind the computer:// window,
what turns up there, and why ?  And, the real problem.. how do i make
the partition from that disk to turn up there?

Thanks!