How to make a partition from a new disk turn up in comupter:// in gnome?

Maximilian Gerlach m at px0.de
Fri Feb 4 20:34:21 UTC 2005

Hi Kent,
I'm sorry, but I don't know any 'gnome way' to do this. The only way to
make devices appear in the computer:// menu I am aware of, is editing
the /etc/fstab.
Example:
/dev/sdb1       /mnt/FATHDD     auto    rw,user,auto    0       0
This is one line I added to my fstab in order to make the first
partition of my (sata-) harddisk appear. To be read as follows: device
path, mount point, filesystem type, options (read/write, mountable as a
user, auto mount on boot), don't-really-know-what-just-use-this, same as
the thing before ;) :)

Hope this was helpful,
Maxi

PS: This should also answer your question what and when something
appears in the computer:// window