bluetooth dongle stops boot.

Andrew Otte otte at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 30 09:38:03 UTC 2005

Hi,
Am a bit of a newbie and are being driven crazy by my MS bluetooth mouse and
dongle on kubuntu breezy.
To get the mouse scrolling had to apply a bluez patch to a vanilla kernel
(2.6.14.3) and build.  After much fiddling it works.  But now I have
intermittent hangs at boot time.  When the splash screen is on it stops at
the loading modules stage and sometimes turns to a blank screen.
When splash is off it stops at
usb 1-2.3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
and sometimes
usb 1-2.2: device descriptor read/all, error -110
I discovered if I unplug the dongle it boots every time.  Then after the
modules say they have loaded I plug it back in and all works fine.

So what do I have to do to stop this?
Can I switch something off so that the dongle isn't probed at boot time?
Any help appreciated.

--
Andrew Otte
otte at optusnet.com.au