Ease of some Installations of Software

Wade Smart wade at wadesmart.com
Thu Dec 29 16:01:10 UTC 2005

12292005 0958 GMT-5

I just wanted to post my thoughts this morning after installing some
software.

I had read the thread on the 3dDesktop and thought, 'Thought would be
interesting.' So, i just opened Synaptic, installed it, typed 3ddesktop
in my run app widget and - wal-la - it works!

Im still amazed at how easily some things work and yet, I still cant get
Real Player to work or mplayer to play online videos without being choppy.

I have to say, my move from windows was a bit nerve wracking because I
thought, I might not ever feel totally comfortable but, Ubuntu has
really been a good shock.

Wade