Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Clint Tinsley clintin at linuxmail.org
Fri Dec 23 23:59:24 UTC 2005

I don't pretend to be a Gimp expert but I do know a few and they came from Photoshop.  They tend to put the Gimp on equal footing with PS. There are differences, but like Linux, there are different ways of accomplishing the same task, all involve some learning.  And you can't beat the price of the Gimp and that it is open source which is what enables folks like Scott Moschella's to do what he did in creating GimpShop. And in the opens source spirit, he releases the source so others can participate in its development.