Things I already hate about Kubuntu (new user)

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Dec 20 21:07:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 15:39 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> Maybe that's true technically, but I consider any distro that omits an
> OFM* from a default, or even more particularly, minimal, CD install,
> to be unnecessarily crippled.

IMHO that's ridiculous. mc is in universe, so what? If people would get
it in their heads that a single CD install with a high-quality package
set makes it impossible to have a package for every single fringe case
in the default, we'd have 50% less traffic on the list ;)

If you have good reasons, file a wishlist bug in bugzilla and
demonstrate why it would be a good idea to kick some other package to
include an OFM.
I can only imagine it might be handy in case of system repair, but live
CDs have taken care of that for a very long time for me.

Kind regards,
Mario