Things I already hate about Kubuntu (new user)

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Dec 20 20:39:54 UTC 2005

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> The real fexibility lies n the command line and text-based config files
> though, and you can always edit /boot/grub/menu.lst. Nobody is taking
> anything away

Maybe that's true technically, but I consider any distro that omits an
OFM* from a default, or even more particularly, minimal, CD install, to
be unnecessarily crippled. I put Edubuntu on my kid's machine because of
what it claims to offer her, but for other installs I'm sticking with
distros that aren't crippled this way.

To anyone used to an OFM, there is no such thing as a substitute. It's a
major PITA to spend so much time after an install trying to get to where
you should have been started from.

* http://www.softpanorama.org/OFM/index.shtml
--
Jesus Christ is the reason for the season.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/