Ubuntu is under attack

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Dec 18 21:02:27 UTC 2005

Peter Garrett wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:09:35 -0800
> Mike Bird <mgb-ubuntu at yosemite.net> wrote:
>
>> FREEDOM MEANS CHOICES, NOT THE ONE AND ONLY OFFICIALLY
>> SANCTIONED CHOICE.
>>
>> We lost Postfix due to a campaign by a guy who hasn't used
>> it since Warty.  And Mailx to "an accident".

Good gods!  I don't think anybody at Ubuntu pays attention to me (at least
no more than anybody else who files bugs)!  And besides which, if you'd read
a word I wrote you would know that I was campaigning FOR choice, not against
it.  Require AN MTA not a specific MTA.

> We don't know that either of these assertions is true - hence my questions
> to the developers.

I'm certain that the first is not true, and from Danielle's messages I doubt
the second.  I still think removing mailx was a mistake, but apparently it
wasn't an accident.
--
derek