Firewall issues

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:54:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am using Firestarter right now for my firewall (as well as internet
sharing). From Firestarter's website FAQ, I went to Sygate to run a
firewall test and it reported the ports it scanned were CLOSED but not
BLOCKED. In addition it said ICMP was open (in Firestarter I did
select "ICMP Filtering").

What can I do to secure my box better? Is Shorewall better than
Firestarter? Do I need to manually create my iptables? The reason I'm
using Firestarter is because it would take me a while to figure out
iptables.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org