Open Office slow

Joan Tur joantur at cancullet.org
Tue Aug 30 14:17:45 UTC 2005

Es Dimarts, 30 de Agost de 2005 15:37, en Lee Braiden va escriure:
| On Tuesday 30 August 2005 14:26, Joan Tur wrote:
| > Es Dimarts, 30 de Agost de 2005 14:54, en Slabber A <14565471 at sun.ac.za>
| > va show the ooffice window (Centrino 1,6, hd 5400 rpm, 1G ram).
| >
| > You can preload it, but as you haven't got too much ram I don't know if
| > it's going to be a solution or not:
| >
| > ooqstart-gnome - OpenOffice.org QuickStarter applet for GNOME 2
| > oooqs-kde - OpenOffice.org QuickStarter applet for KDE
|
| Yep, preload it.  1G is plenty of ram for a desktop machine -- I still use
| 360 megs for all sorts of work.
I don't preload it by default because I don't use OO very often... anyway the
second time it's opened it's still in cache, so it doesn't take long to
open... and I've already followed the suggested memory optimizations (they
work!).

Thanks for your tip  ;)

--
Joan Tur (aka Quini), Eivissa-Spain