mounting disks

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Mon Aug 29 10:45:03 UTC 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 11:25, Praveen Kumar wrote:
> it is not doing.
> it is also not working.

That doesn't tell us anything.  What are you actually typing?  What error
messages do you get?

> is there anyway i
> can access a partition both between ubuntu and OSX? i have tried using
> the hfs/hfsutils which told that they are utils which help mount the
> HFS partitions in OSX,

You can actually run OS X from *inside* Ubuntu, in a window on your desktop,
using MacOnLinux (which is packaged for debian, and probably Ubuntu, too):

apt-cache show mol mol-modules-source mol-drivers-{linux,macosx,macos}

I haven't used it in a while, so I forget if it automatically mounts your home
directory inside MOL somehow, but you can run an appleshare network on
ubuntu, and connect to it from the emulator, at least.

That said, I think I've used HFS in both Linux and OS X myself, in the past.
Be careful not to confuse HFS with HFS+, though.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com