Configuration of X-Server i.e. GUI

Hrisheekesh Datye hrisheekesh_27 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 29 12:15:28 UTC 2005

hi All,

     i have installed the ubuntu linux 5.04 on my
personal PC. But i am unable to configure the X-server
i.e. our GUI. i have already tried to reinstall the
ubuntu linux for 3 to 4 times but it is not working?
     it is giving me error as 'unable to start your
X-Server i.e. your GUI', & it goes further to the
console login & it's console is working fine after i
did the log in but i need the GUI so pleese help me
out...

please help me!!! for configuring my GUI

Lots of thanks,

Hrisheekesh.