Raid 1 problem

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:39:23 UTC 2005

On 8/28/05, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at kaarsemaker.net> wrote:

> This bug and the debian bug referenced there talk about multiple raid
> arrays. I'm talking about a single raid array that simply seems to get
> out of sync, or does not shutdown cleanly.

This is interesting, as I've been using a software RAID1 array on my
local Hoary fileserver for several months now. I thought perhaps it
was because the original poster was trying to boot from RAID, but the
bug doesn't seem to be isolated to that situation.

Having said that though, RAID in Breezy seems to feel a little more
stable to me, although I haven't had any problems or done any
benchmarks on either. I haven't tried booting from a RAID array yet
either - on my "demo" system I set aside 1Gb at the beginning of each
drive - one for /boot and one for swap - then made the remainder of
the drives part of a RAID0 array.

Hmm... I guess I didn't really have anything useful to add. :-\ If
anyone wants to know how I did what I did, I'd be happy to share.

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu