Dial up transfer rates

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 28 16:11:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:16:16 -0400
postmast3r <postmast3r at gmail.com> wrote:

> During the time that you have slow speeds, when you disconnect from
> your ISP and pick up a regular phone that uses the same line, do you
> hear static or any kind of interference or even another active
> conversation or a radio station or something on the phone line when
> calling another person on that line?  If so, then the problem might
> not be your machine or your ISP and may just be something going on
> with your phone line that you'll need to contact your phone company
> about.

I had a similar problem to Winton's once when my phone line ran beside
the power cable that ran all other hardware in the room including the
TV.  In the evening when the wife and daughters began the evening TV
ritual my connection would falter and sometimes drop altogether.  Just
moving the phone line corrected the crosstalk problem.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
		Linus Torvalds