Dial up transfer rates

squareyes squareyes at optusnet.com.au
Sun Aug 28 21:56:25 UTC 2005

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

>I had a similar problem to Winton's once when my phone line ran beside
>the power cable that ran all other hardware in the room including the
>TV.  In the evening when the wife and daughters began the evening TV
>ritual my connection would falter and sometimes drop altogether.  Just
>moving the phone line corrected the crosstalk problem.
>
>Cybe R. Wizard

Hi Cybe,
phone line is no where near the power cable, I live alone, and all my
 children (3 dogs and 2 cats) have been expressly forbidden to watch
TV after 5.00pm, so nothing is switched on that doesn't run in the
morning. :-)
The feeling that it is an exchange problem grows stronger, that's why I
would like to
present some evidence to my ISP, who still thinks that it is Linux.
Thanks all who helped
Take Care
Winton