Raid 1 problem

Bjørn Ingmar Berg bjorn.ingmar.berg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 13:37:30 UTC 2005

Hello again!

On 28/08/05, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> This bug and the debian bug referenced there talk about multiple raid
> arrays. I'm talking about a single raid array that simply seems to get
> out of sync, or does not shutdown cleanly.

Seems to me the problem with software RAID in Ubuntu is there
regardless of the type or complexity of RAID you want to run.  I
wanted to put /home on a (very simple) RAID-1 array, and got exactly
the same problems as you're talking about.

If it's going to a datacentre I'm sure the quickest and most
cost-efficient solution is to get a harware RAID controller.

Regards,
Bjørn Ingmar Berg