Raid 1 problem

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at
Sun Aug 28 12:43:40 UTC 2005

On zo, 2005-08-28 at 13:45 +0200, Bjørn Ingmar Berg wrote:
> Hello Dennis
> On 28/08/05, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at> wrote:
> > [...] I get the messages "Raid array is not clean" and "stopping
> > tasks (failed, 1 running)" after which the system goes no further.
> >
> > What causes this and what can be done against it?
> I actually ran into the same scenario just a couple of days ago.
> I got a very friendly mail directly to my inbox telling me that
> Software RAID is broken on hoary (5.04) and pointing me to

This bug and the debian bug referenced there talk about multiple raid
arrays. I'm talking about a single raid array that simply seems to get
out of sync, or does not shutdown cleanly.

After a few hard reboots the thing finally boots and has to resync the
raid array.

This is not very convenient, given that this machine will soon have to
move to a datacenter...
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings:
  - Linux voor normale mensen: