updated Hoary kernel doesn't boot?

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 01:47:57 UTC 2005

> On 8/20/05, Harry Wert <hwert at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >  I had to revert to my earlier kernel as I had the same problem.
> > Fortunately, I never upgrade without keeping a working kernel in Grub for
> > just this reason. FWIW

I solved one mystery when I finally had a chance to boot up the live
cd. For some reason the kernel update via Synaptic changed the Ubuntu
partition in Grub's menu.lst. Originally it was (1,0) and the update
changed it to (0,0).

Thankfully this issue wasn't as disasterous as I first thought (I was
booting the live cd to back up my data and reformat), but it seems
like something was wrong with the update that changed my Grub
settings. *shrug*.

I also commented on the thread "Hoary Kernel Upgrade Resulted to
Kernel Panic .... ". Since I'm guessing the issues are similar, I'm
just going to keep this comment here instead of repeating it over
there.

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu