Citrix

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Aug 14 08:07:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 06:12:37PM -0500, Nitebirdz wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 11:28:13AM -0400, mbeach wrote:
>>
>> hi -
>>
>> I'm also trying to get the Citrix Client working (ver 9).
>>
>> When I try to run wfcmgr I get the error:
>>
>> ./wfcmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>>

>I got it running on two systems running Hoary.  Do you have any such
>shared library installed at all, even though it may be a different
>version?  For instance, running 'locate libXm.so' shows the following
>on my system:
>
>  $ locate libXm.so
>  /usr/lib/libXm.so.2.0.1
>  /usr/lib/libXm.so.2
>

>In cases like these, I simply create a symlink named "libXm.so.3"
>pointing to the older version, and it tends to work for the most part.
>I know it's not very elegant, but I've been running different versions
>of the Citrix client like that for years now on different Linux
>distributions.  As I say, it tends to work for quite a few proprietary
>applications out there.

Hmm, that sounds like a rather brittle way of getting things working.
Why not install the package that contains libXm.so.3? It's in multiverse
and is called libmotif3. The lib will live in /usr/X11R6/lib/ and your
dynamic linker should find it without any problems.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Long-range planning does not deal with future decisions, but with the
future of present decisions.
     -- Peter F. Drucker