Citrix

Nitebirdz nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com
Fri Aug 12 23:12:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 11:28:13AM -0400, mbeach wrote:

> hi -
>
> I'm also trying to get the Citrix Client working (ver 9).
>
> When I try to run wfcmgr I get the error:
>
> ./wfcmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open

I got it running on two systems running Hoary.  Do you have any such
shared library installed at all, even though it may be a different
version?  For instance, running 'locate libXm.so' shows the following on
my system:

  $ locate libXm.so
  /usr/lib/libXm.so.2.0.1
  /usr/lib/libXm.so.2

In cases like these, I simply create a symlink named "libXm.so.3"
pointing to the older version, and it tends to work for the most part.
I know it's not very elegant, but I've been running different versions
of the Citrix client like that for years now on different Linux
distributions.  As I say, it tends to work for quite a few proprietary
applications out there.