GDM gone missing

Michael Wardle michael at endbracket.net
Sun Aug 14 03:18:11 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 21:44 -0500, Ben Miller wrote:
> Thanks for your informative reply, Michael. After running the
> diagnostics, I get this:
> rc  gdm            2.6.0.7-0ubunt GNOME Display Manager

Hi Ben

I think it should be easy to fix this by reinstalling gdm.  You could do
this using "apt-get install gdm" on the command line, or by running the
Synaptic Package Manager on the GNOME desktop.

I wonder how it became uninstalled.  Noting what extra dependent
packages are installed when you reinstall gdm might give some clues.