Hauppauge WinTV-GO tuner with Ubuntu?

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 11 19:48:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:11:55 -0400
c-m <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> did you get this to work? if so how about sound?
>

> I've got mine working but its in black and white despite it being set
> as PAL-I and there no sound, just a load of static.

I have a very similar card to this working with tvtime set fot PAL in
the UK (it's actually a WinTV Express card).

It gets its signal from a freeview box via the yellow video plug on the
card, and gives a good quality colour picture. Tvtime video source is
set as composite1. The sound output from the TV card is fed into the
sound card and the output from this goes to to an external sound
system. You need to get the audio mixer settings right, of course.

It's a bit 'Heath Robinson', as we oldies might say, but it works fine.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/