Laptop not shutting off

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 04:39:44 UTC 2005

To add a few details, sorry they were lacking:

I'm running Hoary on a Compaq x1000 laptop.

I've tried adding acpi=off to my grub boot line, but doing so
generates a bunch of hotplug usb errors on boot, HAL won't load, etc,
so I've had to remove that addition.

However, it's been working for months without the acpi=off in grub and
would also turn off when shutting down, so I know that's not the
problem.

--
"Impossible is nothing."