Laptop not shutting off

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:32:03 UTC 2005

About a week ago my laptop began not shutting off completely when
doing shutdown, and it won't reboot fully either. It goes through
shutdown until it reaches "Unmounting toplevel and remote filesystems"
and then hangs. I have to force it to turn off (by holding down the
power button).

It's probably something I installed or did with my computer that
started this problem but I've tried a few things and nothing's worked
so far and I'm not sure what it could be or even where to look for the
problem. I haven't found anything useful in the logs because I don't
think it's writing to the system logs at that point, but maybe I'm
just looking in the wrong place.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

--
"Impossible is nothing."