Internet Connectivity Sleeps

hzs202 at gmail.com hzs202 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 03:50:13 UTC 2005

On 10/08/05 23:33 -0400, Brian Puccio wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 23:14 -0400, hzs202 at gmail.com wrote:
>
> Wireless is sometimes picky when I suspend the laptop (I'm guessing
> the card isn't waking up)
Yes, as a matter of fact it is my wireless card which is not waking. Is
there a way to wake the card without restarting the system?

> Are you having problems with the onboard ethernet or wifi issues?
No real problems although, I can't figure out how to switch the card off
if for instance I want to use a LAN Ethernet connection. If there are
available access points the systems keeps scanning.

> (A small aside, nice to see a NY'er on the list, I live out on the
> island)
Thanks, its good to be here... my R51 is a dual-boot with FreeBSD 5.4 &
Ubuntu Linux: Hoary 5.04 (I find the version ironic and amusing).

Best,
--
Hakim Singhji
New York University
hzs202 at nyu.edu
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.