MUA

Andy Choens gunksta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 23:09:58 UTC 2005

On 8/3/05, Andy Choens <gunksta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You're kidding me?  I've been using kmail for years - how do I configure
> > this?
> > --
> > derek
>

> Yeah, kmail rocks.
>
> Go to Settings -- Accounts.  At the bottom of the window pane there is
> an option that says New Mail Notification.  Check Detailed new mail
> notification.  Cick on the button to define the notification (if you
> don't nothing will happen).  Third option from the left is a pop-up
> window.  However, I don't use this option.  I prefer something else.
> Go to appearance -->System Tray.  I enable this and have it show up
> when I have unread mail.  I prefer this reminder to some fleeting
> little pop-up window.  Both work, I just prefer the System Tray
> option.   But, if you auto-hide your system tray, It's probably not
> the best plan for you.
>
> --andy

I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten charred for suggesting a KDE
application.  I've seen several opinions on this site suggesting that
KDE related discussions don't belong here, which I personally disagree
with.  But, I am glad to see that there are other KDE users on this
list.

<OT RANT>
I don't think there should be a totally separate kubuntu list because
there aren't that many people on it, and the level of service is lower
than on this list.  Honestly, there are more people on this list.
People get more help here.  And, many of the questions posted to the
kubuntu list aren't necessarily KDE-centric.  Many of them are, but
many questions have nothing or very little to do with the desktop.
</OT RANT>

--andy