about installing packages

Frank Hale frankhale1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:45:17 UTC 2005

>  Apparently there
> _isn't_ a good reason to use it, because every time I ask I get either no
> answers or misdirections like this.

I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer for this. If one uses
Synaptic and it suits their needs why does it matter? There is always
more than one way to do your business in the open source world. I
suppose that's why there are a million different distros out there,
you simply pick one that suits your needs and run with it. I use
Synaptic because it works for me. I have no idea if it's *better* than
the alternatives nor do I care. Once it stops doing what I need it to
do then I'll move on to something else.