Not Happy with ShipIt

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 02:16:07 UTC 2005

On 7/18/05, Al Gordon <runlevel7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone other than me not received their Hoary CDs yet?  I'm
> starting to give up hope on this one particular aspect of Ubuntu
> Linux.
> I ordered 100 CDs to distrubute to my user group, right around the
> time that Hoary came out.  A month or so later, I finally got

I got them today (I am in Argentina). I hear about people that lost
the CDs because the Customs sized them. The CDs are not clearly marked
as "FREE SAMPLE", so some corrupt custom official wants to apply
importation fee, based on Windows price (when they don have a
reference price, they use what they think it is a similar product). It
happened in Argentina.
That is why I asked in the Ubuntu Forum to mark them as FREE SAMPLE,
but they didn't. It is hard to convince somebody that all CDs are
free. I requested only 3, so customs are not attracted by the size of
the envelop.

--
web sin popups ni spyware: Usa Firefox en lugar de Internet
Explorer</a>