Kubuntu experience vs Hoary/KDE

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Thu Apr 21 00:21:55 UTC 2005

As promised :-)
I have installed hoary, then downloaded kde using the kde-package meta
file.
What a contrast to Kubuntu!

KDE/Hoary is EXCELLENT.

After the download, I noticed that Gnome had placed most(all?) of the
KDE apps on its menus.  No pretty icons (I guess this could be fixed)
but the apps I tried appeared to work just fine.

KDE 3.4 is full-featured and all the "root required" apps I tried worked
using only my user password.

Carping criticism.  The is no "Editors" menu section.  I guess this is
fixable.  Kappfinder isn't shown, but exists and finds litle of
interest.

Anyway, for me, installing hoary and downloading kde is the way to go.

--
Regards,
Brian