Kubuntu experience

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Mon Apr 18 13:39:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:57, James Wilkinson wrote:
> OK: I'm a new Ubuntu user, I'm *not* a new Unix user: I admin Unix
> boxes as part of my job.
>
> How does this sound?

<HUGE snip>

Thanks Jim for a thorough, intelligent and reasonable explanation.
I accept it (for what that is worth :-) )

I guess I am used to my root account and also used to sudo being a
_limited_ root access (as it usually is).

OK so if my user account blows up, I will not be able to log into my
root account, fix user, log out and receive profuse thanks.  Maybe I
can live with that; maybe there is a viable alternative, equivalent to
FBSD single user mode?

--
Regards,
Brian