Another Advantage of Ubuntu

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:01:43 UTC 2005

> Ed Sutherland Wrote:
> > After screwing up Hoary by updating to Breezy, I went back and in 30
> > minutes had Ubuntu re-installed and back running. I would still be
> > waiting on the Windows re-install or scratching my head over other
> > Linux
> > distros; another advantage of Ubuntu and the Ubuntu support community.

I think this is a trait of Linux in general..
I use clarckconnect for my home gateway/router/web server, and on the
weekend I decided to move my current clarkconnect system (p2 400mhz)
to my other spare PC (Athlon 1.2gig) and apart from the bits where I
was scratching my head trying to remember tar commands etc, I had my
new system up and running as a nearly exact mirror of the old system
in about 45 mins.

try doing THAT with windows nt/2000/2003 *shudder*
:-D

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"The thing Ubuntu means to me is, I'm glad I didn't get a Debian