Producing PDFs from OpenOffice spreadheets

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 18 16:41:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 11:27 -0500, Kenton Brede wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 04:52:01PM +0100, Tony Arnold (tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk) wrote:

> > > I just created a 4 page pdf (rtf) using OpenOffice and it printed fine using
> > > xpdf or from the command line "$ lpr file.pdf"
> >

> > > A couple questions I have is, what prog are you using to print the document?
> > > Can you print other 4 page pdf documents, created with OpenOffice, that
> > > aren't spreadsheets?
> > > Kent
> >
> > Documents in the Word processor are fine. It's multiple worksheets in
> > one file printing or exporting as PDFs in OpenOffice Spreadsheet that's
> > the problem.
>
> So you can't even create the PDF?

It creates a PDF of the first worksheet only.

> I just created a simple "4 worksheets
> in one file" spreadsheet and created a PDF and printed fine from xpdf.
> I'm wondering if there is some data in your file that is making
> OpenOffice barf.  If the file isn't' of a sensitive nature and it isn't
> unusually large, email it to me and I'll test it on my machine.

It's a possibility. I've just installed OO-2 and I'm getting much better
results. I'm now haveing problems getting each sheet to fit on just one
page, so this may be the cause of my problem before.

I was also just hitting the PDF button, rather than the export PDF in
the menu. I think one gets more options with the menu that you do with
the button.

The sheet contains personal financial data (and not just mine!) so I'd
rather not send it out, but thanks for the offer.

Regards,
Tony.
Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold