Producing PDFs from OpenOffice spreadheets

Kenton Brede kbrede at nixnotes.org
Mon Apr 18 16:27:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 04:52:01PM +0100, Tony Arnold (tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk) wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 09:30 -0500, Kenton Brede wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:43:53AM +0100, Tony Arnold (tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk) wrote:
> > > This is probably not the best list to ask this question, so feel free to
> > > tell me to go away if it inappropriate!
> > >
> > > I'm Using Ubuntu Hoary.
> > >
> > > I have a spreadsheet with 4 work sheets in it and I am trying to produce
> > > a PDF file containing all 4 sheets. Problem is that whenever I produce a
> > > PDF it only prints the first worksheet regardless of what is selected!
> > > In addition, if I try printing all worksheets to my printer, I only get
> > > the first sheet.
> >
> > I just created a 4 page pdf (rtf) using OpenOffice and it printed fine using
> > xpdf or from the command line "$ lpr file.pdf"
>

> > A couple questions I have is, what prog are you using to print the document?
> > Can you print other 4 page pdf documents, created with OpenOffice, that
> > aren't spreadsheets?
> > Kent
>
> Documents in the Word processor are fine. It's multiple worksheets in
> one file printing or exporting as PDFs in OpenOffice Spreadsheet that's
> the problem.

So you can't even create the PDF?  I just created a simple "4 worksheets
in one file" spreadsheet and created a PDF and printed fine from xpdf.
I'm wondering if there is some data in your file that is making
OpenOffice barf.  If the file isn't' of a sensitive nature and it isn't
unusually large, email it to me and I'll test it on my machine.
Kent

--
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
  - Martin Luther King Jr.