Producing PDFs from OpenOffice spreadheets

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:01:05 UTC 2005

Hi Tony

I tried some basic text on 3 sheets in calc, and exported it to a PDF.

When I opened the file, all three pages were there so it would
normally print okay (am at work so can't check).

Do the sheets encompass more than a single page each if you do a page
preview? I've seen problems under those circumstances at times.

- Jon

On 4/18/05, Tony Arnold <tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 09:30 -0500, Kenton Brede wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:43:53AM +0100, Tony Arnold (tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk) wrote:
> > > This is probably not the best list to ask this question, so feel free to
> > > tell me to go away if it inappropriate!
> > >
> > > I'm Using Ubuntu Hoary.
> > >
> > > I have a spreadsheet with 4 work sheets in it and I am trying to produce
> > > a PDF file containing all 4 sheets. Problem is that whenever I produce a
> > > PDF it only prints the first worksheet regardless of what is selected!
> > > In addition, if I try printing all worksheets to my printer, I only get
> > > the first sheet.
> >
> > I just created a 4 page pdf (rtf) using OpenOffice and it printed fine using
> > xpdf or from the command line "$ lpr file.pdf"
>
> > A couple questions I have is, what prog are you using to print the document?
> > Can you print other 4 page pdf documents, created with OpenOffice, that
> > aren't spreadsheets?
> > Kent
>
> Documents in the Word processor are fine. It's multiple worksheets in
> one file printing or exporting as PDFs in OpenOffice Spreadsheet that's
> the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Tony.
> --
> Tony Arnold, IT Security Coordinator, University of Manchester,
> Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
> T: +44 (0)161 275 6093, F: +44 (0)870 136 1004, M: +44 (0)773 330 0039
> E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.
   - Isaac Asimov