recommendation for best tv video card?

emperor ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Apr 16 13:45:30 UTC 2005

R Kimber Wrote:

> Until one of the hardware manufacturers can be persuaded either to
> support linux or to make more information available to linux
> developers, there will not be anything really satisfactory in the TV
> field.

There are plenty of very good TV solutions for linux, even HDTV cards
that have Linux drivers. In fact, one HDTV card vendor developed the
Linux drivers first! However, ATI has done nothing whatsoever to make
the multimedia functions of their cards work in Linux. As a result, I
will vote with my wallet and not buy ATI cards with multimedia support
like the AIW series.

--
emperor