Video files debugging....

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Apr 16 02:17:28 UTC 2005

> I did the modification, but it doesn't change anything, the sound problems are still exactly the same :-/
> Are you using Hoary ? Maybe it makes a difference, as I am using Warty.
> I don't have Hoary anymore, but I will try in Breezy to see if it works.
>
> --
> Vince, rebooting...

YES !!!

Your fix doesn't work in Warty, but it works in Breezy !
All my VMW files (I have bunch of them with that sound problem), now
play the audio track perfectly !
Even the MOV files, although you said wouldn't be affected by your fix,
now work perfectly as well !!! :o)

And all for the sake of a '7' instead of a '1', in some hidden text
file, as usual in Linux...

Ziyad, you are a super hero, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK
YOU !!! :o)

You deserve a medal !

Thanks again, as far as I am concerned, Ubunt was 90% perfect, now
thanks to you it's 92% perfect, almost there !! :o)))))
Hoary definitely isn't for me, but this Breezy, especially with your
help, is already pleasing me quite a lot, can't wait for actual
development work to start ! :o)

--
Vince, overjoyed, and glad to be part of this great community...